When it comes to choosing a location for an engagement session, I usually toss this responsibility over to my couples. Why? Because I want my couples to choose a location that's a reflection of who they are, their relationship, and their overall style. Maybe it's a location that's sentimental and holds a story behind it: A first date, first kiss, where they met. Maybe it's a place they spend most of their time together. Maybe it's in the comfort of their own home. Whatever it is, it should be authentically them. Of course if my couples need more guidance, I'm right there. However, I want these sessions to be all about them and less about me, so I always, always encourage my couples to consider the following as they brainstorm for a location:
1. They should feel at home.
2. They should be able to freely express affection and emotion.
3. They should feel at full liberty to have FUN.
4. They should feel like the location truly represents their overall style + aesthetics.
5. And for my ladies, they should feel beautiful.
If you're planning an engagement session, I hope these little tidbits help you along the way. ;) -Much love, Elaine.